WhatsApp is launching a new feature that will let you touch one another in real time :
The messaging app has nnounced its live location tracking feature, which will allow users to share their movements if they are trying to find their friends or let them know they are safe.
The feature, which is said to be encrypted, asks users to set a time limit on how long their location is shared and they do stop anytime.
WhatsApp update lets friends track your location in real time
"Whether you're meeting up with friends, letting people know you're safe, or sharing your commute, live location is a simple and secure way to let people know where you are," said WhatsApp.
While the safeguards the app has put in place, it could lead some of the concerns that people can be encouraged to share. Snapchat's Map, which reveals users locations Unlike the Snapchat feature, WhatsApp users can only share their position temporarily and with certain contacts.
WhatsApp started testing the new feature in its beta version in January and says it will be available in the coming weeks.
The Facebook-owned messaging service is also the ability to recall and edit sent messages. There is no further indication as to or when the editing feature, which could ease the minds of people who panic after mistakenly sending texts, will be added to the app.
How it works :
- Live location sharing will be made available to users on Android and iOS devices in the coming weeks.
- Open a message with the person or people you want to share your location with
- Press the plus button in the bottom right hand corner and select location
- There will be a new option here to "Share Live Location"
- Select how long you would like to share your location for
- Hit send
- The live location will appear on receivers' screens as a map
- More than one person within a group can share their location and all will appear as icons on the map
Download This apps : CLICK HEAR
Tag : TECHNOLOGY NEWS